Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fertility Jewelry - Can It Offer Strength And Hope?




A friend of mine who is struggling with fertility problems recently received a gift that she shared with me. It was a beautiful bracelet made of rose quartz and moonstone beads. She told me that it was a fertility bracelet and she felt tremendous hope and comfort in wearing it while she continued her efforts to try and get pregnant.

I found out the bracelet was ordered from a website and I checked it out to see what it was all about. Here is a brief description of this bracelet from the artist who made it:

"Moonstone is said to have powers that aid in nurturing receptivity and balancing of the emotions. I included them in my fertility bracelet to help prepare the mama-to-be to welcome new life into her body, and into her life.

Rose quartz are the beads of love and fertility. They are said to help promote pregnancy and to protect the mother and unborn fetus from miscarriage.

Turtles are a potent symbol of both protection and fertility."

I wish I had known about this when I was going through my struggle to conceive. I think I would have really liked wearing a piece of jewelry that was meant to enhance fertility. It may not have magical powers, but it can be a symbol of hope and I think many women would benefit from this. If you want to go check it out, here is the link for the Fertility Jewelry