Monday, November 21, 2011

Fertility Awareness Survey Says...

I just came across an article that speaks about how misinformed women are when it comes to fertility. Of course, this doesn't surprise me too much as I have found this to be true in my own research. It is why my mantra that goes out to my newsletter subscribers is "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER" and what led me to write my ebook, Personal Path to Pregnancy. According to this article, the results of a recent fertility awareness survey reveal that most women think it’s much easier to get pregnant than it really is. Here's a quote from the article:

For the study, presented at the American Society of Reproductive Medicine, 1,000 women ages 25 to 35 were asked 10 questions about fertility, and most of them flunked the test, according to MSNBC. Infertility is a huge problem in our country, and 7.3 million women in the U.S. struggle with it. This figure represents 12 percent of women of childbearing age, or 1 in 8 couples, according to the National Infertility Association RESOLVE. You can’t help but wonder if these statistics would improve if women had more accurate information about their fertility and opted to get pregnant sooner rather than later.

Click Here if you want to read further.